The Office of Economic Vitality serves as the central hub in actively creating opportunities to coordinate and connect both private and public sector ecosystem members across the economic development spectrum. And, when gaps of the ecosystem are identified, the Office of Economic Vitality leads the effort to seek out and create new partnership opportunities as well as augment successful initiatives by providing additional resources. Our community’s economic vitality relies on businesses like yours and those of our key partners and the Office of Economic Vitality works diligently to actively engage all of our private and public partners.
- CareerSource Capital Region provides comprehensive workforce services by connecting employers with talent and Tallahassee natives with employment opportunities. Employer incentives include recruitment assistance, skills assessment for applicants, customized training and information on tax incentives. All services are provided at no cost to the client.
- Leon County Public Schools equips students with the critical thinking skills necessary to compete in our global society. This full educational program is offered to 33,000 students in 48 schools and program sites. Several schools with the program offer high school students with Career & Technical Education, where students can work towards earning industry-recognized certifications, like Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) and Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
- The Big Bend Minority Chamber of Commerce seeks to strengthen and infuse the local economic and entrepreneurial ecosystems by providing the support needed to empower, stimulate, grow and sustain business enterprises owned and operated by women and minorities
- The Capital City Chamber of Commerce is the “go-to” organization for business development and community outreach partnership/advocacy opportunities in the community.
- Domi Station is a great environment for budding entrepreneurs as it serves as a business incubator and coworking space for go-getters and innovators in Florida’s Capital. The coworking space offers programs, resources, and events that help entrepreneurs start and scale their sustainable business.
- The Greater Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce works to connect companies to this talent through innovative programs and to help potential employees discover our region’s great job opportunities.
Institutions of Higher Learning
- Florida State University (FSU) is designated as a preeminent research university by the state of Florida. FSU’s 16 colleges offer more than 275 undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, professional and specialist degree programs, including medicine and law, covering a broad array of disciplines critical to society today.
- The Jim Moran College of Entrepreneurship at FSU is the first of its kind within the US. The college is committed to cultivating the minds of those ready to embark on the entrepreneurial journey.
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University (FAMU) is the No. 1 public Historically Black and Culture University (HBCU), according to the 2020 U.S. News & World Report. Students seeking a challenging academic foundation will find a variety of programs to meet their career objectives at FAMU.
- The FAMU and FSU School of Engineering is a joint effort between two of our top-ranked universities in Tallahassee that results in one of the most diverse student bodies in the US and unlimited opportunity. The school is a great place to learn cutting-edge engineering skills.
- Tallahassee Community College (TCC) offers more than 90 academic and career programs and more than 600 different courses. Thousands of students study at TCC to prepare for a transfer to a university or learn the skills they need to move directly into the workforce in diverse fields, like health care, law enforcement, and video game design.
- The Advanced Manufacturing Training Center (AMTC) at TCC provides area industry with a one-stop center focusing on customized training and development needs. The training center teams up with local business partners to provide resources that will help you compete in the global market.
- Lively Technical College provides thousands of students with career knowledge, on-the-job skills, positive work attitudes, and employability skills that lead to a successful career.