The Minority, Women, and Small Business Enterprise (MWSBE) Citizen’s Advisory Committee (CAC) explores strategies for engaging and empowering MWSBEs to meet goals identified in the Economic Development Strategic Plan. This citizen-led committee provides critical input, oversight, and transparency toward OEV’s MWSBE goal attainment, and will form subcommittees and a task force to determine milestones and deliverables associated with the Tallahassee-Leon County Disparity Study.
MWSBE CAC Chair
Wayne E. Mayo
George Johnson, Jr.
Frank W. Williams
- To make a positive impact on the lives of everyone I meet along this short path of life that the Lord Blesses me with.
- Exercise daily as often as I can by reaching down and pulling someone up to help them be successful!
- To transfer Florida Developers Inc to the next generation.
- To travel to Australia and Antarctica to complete the “Continent Chase”!
- Joint Venture Partner on the Renovation of the Department of Social Work Ware-Rhoney Building at FAMU
- Joint Venture Partner on the Construction Frederick S. Humphries (FSH) Science Research Center (SRC)
- Renovation of Strong & Jones Funeral Home
- Completed the Site Work for the Leon County Joint Dispatch Center
- Florida Developers is the longest running Minority General Contractor to have its doors open with continuous service 8-5, Monday through Friday except for holidays for over 40 years!
- Southside Rotary, Former President & Current Charter Member
- Buffalo Soldiers Moter Cycle Club Current Charter Member
- Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce
- Saint Peter Primitive Baptist Board of Deacons
- MWSBE Advisory Board
- Blueprint 2000 Committee City of Tallahassee
- Capital Area Community Action Agency
- Legal Services of North Florida
- National Association of Minority Contractors
Tallahassee Housing Authority is a public housing authority created pursuant to Chapter 421 of the Florida Statutes. THA is a dual program authority administering both a public housing program (ACC) and Housing Choice voucher Program sponsored by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). THA has multiple housing properties, as well as one LIHTC-only property. THA has approximately 2, 2014 Section 8 Vouchers and an ACC capacity of 641 in service. THA is a mission-driven public organization committed to changing the face and character of affordable housing by creating high performing, high quality housing using national examples of best practice mixed-use/mixed income development.