In partnership with FloridaMakes, the Big Bend Manufacturers Association (BBMA) provides the Big Bend region with a regional cooperative, centered around manufacturing. The goal of the BBMA is to provide much-needed assistance to area organizations, helping them to grow and capitalize new markets. This association will allow for the provision of resources and assistance to strengthen Florida’s high wage manufacturing sector. This is achieved through eight programs:
- Enterprise Assessments – A dedicated Business Advisor helps identify the capabilities and effectiveness of member businesses offering suggestions for growth and advancement.
- Business Growth – Help identify strategies for growth, from working with manufacturers to identify new customers and new markets for existing products and services, to supporting innovation for service and product development.
- Technology Acceleration – Accelerate the benefits of appropriate technology by identifying technology options and providing cost-benefit analyses, workforce training resources, and assessing new market opportunities – that help companies reduce risk and fully leverage technology enhancements.
- International Market Development – Assist companies in developing export strategies and connect companies to the right resources to help establish the systems, meet industry standards, and open the door to new international markets.
- Workforce Training – Collaborates with local, state, and national public and private resources to deliver specialized training, worker certification, hands-on experience, management training, and other advanced manufacturing education programs needed for today’s high-skilled jobs.
- Supply Chain Optimization – Identify the technology needs and trends of specific supply chains, provide a step-by-step roadmap to help businesses address risk, increase visibility, and create opportunity through FloridaMakes.
- Process Improvement – Work with companies to improve processes using continuous improvement efforts.
- Sustainability – Takes a broad view of sustainability, from reducing environmental costs and impact to succession planning for long-term sustainability.
This initiative works to improve the productivity and technological performance of the manufacturing sector with a particular focus on helping small and medium-sized manufacturers generate business success and thrive in today’s technology-driven economy. By initiating this regional manufacturers association for the Big Bend region, we become more competitive in the national economic landscape while offering critical support for our local businesses.